From selected strains of selected lactic acid bacteria.
- Delivery: fresh culture, packaged
- Packaging unit: cube 0.5 kg
- 100% organic, vegan, kosher and GMO free
- Possibility of making ‘clean label’ products, without artificial ingredients
- Suitable for preparing sourdough from rye flour of various grinds
Advantages of DIOStart® spelt:
- Reliable acidification and good gas formation
- Distinct spelt flavour
- More succulent crumb through delayed retrogradation
- Natural protection through acidification (shi in pH) and thus delayed microbial spoilage
- The finished spelt sourdough added may be up to 15% (flour basis)
- All spelt products are suitable
- Reduced use or absence of premixes/baking improvers, down to clean label production
Production parameters DIOStart® spelt
- 100 parts spelt flour
- 100 – 120 parts water
- 0.25 to 1 part DIOStart® spelt (depending on the size of the batch and the machine)
- Temperature: 28 – 30°C
- Ripening time: 16 hours
- Processing time:
– 24 hours (without refrigeration)
– 48 hours (with refrigeration, i.e. cooling to <10°C after ripening)
- The machine / container should be emptied completely and cleaned before each new batch is made up.
For fermentation processes with a total weight of less than 50 kg we recommend increasing the amount of DIOStart® spelt to 2%.
IMPORTANT! The temperature must be kept constant throughout the ripening time.